Monday, August 2, 2010

Ode to the Good Women and Men of the Nursery

They wipe away snot and tears. Bounce and pat forever. Save children from accidental blows to the head by blocks. It's amazing to me what these folks go through with nothing but love.

I, for one am appreciative. Of course, it could be because I drop a time bomb in their laps every week.

Poor Madi just doesn't like when I walk away. It's just so sad. I relish the 10 minutes I get before my number shows up. I rush into the room and she is beside herself, unable to breathe. It's just so pathetic.
You'd think they were beating her in there. Or, worse... giving her toys to have fun with!!!!!!!! Oh no!!!

Well, I'm sure that this time will pass. But, until it does I thought I'd at least give a shout out to all nursery workers. I've grown older and wiser and I know my strengths. Listening to kids that aren't mine cry and fuss is not one of them. So, praise God that some of you out there got that gene!

Don't worry. We will continue to drop by and blow away your ear drums. You'll still get to see Madi's miserable face as I walk away. As if I'm leaving her for eternity... Only to come back in 10 minutes and hug and snuggle. It's a rough job. Glad it's not mine...

2 comments:

  1. I love working in the church nursery! I can't have any more babies, so it's how I get my baby fix. I have had a few Madi's from time to time, but most of the time it is just a show for mom or dad and they are having fun in a few minutes. Don't worry, this too shall pass. Enjoy her and relish the fact that you have the ability to comfort your little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, congrats to you! And, your comment (and positivity) are the exact thing I was talking about! Love it. But, born without it. Ha!
    Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...