Monday, August 9, 2010

Momma

Here's to my Momma.

Yesterday was my Mom's &^*% birthday. Ha.
I called to tell her to have a Happy Day. I sent her a card with a picture of Madison on it and I listened to all the fun they were going to have to celebrate. "They" being my Sister, Brother, their spouses and my niece and nephew. When she says "everyone", it's always the same. Everyone. Except me.

I'm sad that I don't get to see them as much as I wish. I'm very much a "family" gal and would be with them always if I could. We live 5 hours away and I get back several times a year. I think it just stinks that all the happy moments are celebrated without me.

I remember when they were all together for my brother's 21st birthday. When they celebrated my sister's 30th! It just makes me sad. And now with Madison, it's even fewer visits than before.

Anyway, I do love my Mom and I'm so glad that she had a great day. And, here's to hoping that when it's all said and done, I was there for more celebrations than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...