Monday, July 12, 2010

Music Monday: Coal Train Railroad

All aboard!!

If you haven't heard of them yet, you soon will.  The brainchild of Katy Bowser and Chris Donohue is off and running.  Coal Train railroad isn't just any kid's music.  It's jazz.  It's great.  It's not gonna make you wanna cry or drive your car into a wall while you're MAKING yourself listen.  You'll love it! I promise.

The song concepts are so great.  There's one about juice, about listening, about nap time, about snuggling.  All things that the kids can relate to and I promise that you'll be singing along.  The songs will get stuck in your head and not in that "someone please shoot me" sort of way.  Like, "I love that song and don't want it to stop" sort of way.  Ha.

Please give it a listen.  It was done right here in East Nashville, TN!  (Well, actually right here in my home.)  My 8 month old loves it and so do we.
Oh!  The best part is that now they have a free podcast on iTunes!!  Yep!  Very fun and creative.  It sounds like an old time radio show with lots of local support and interviews with real kids.  Every one is worth keeping and playing over and over.  And, we do that in the car.  More ways to love Coal Train.  And, check out their site for video footage of the many gigs they do here in town and to buy yourself a t-shirt or onesie to show support (see Madi below).

Definitely check it out.  I promise that you won't be disappointed, annoyed or anything else that you think of when you think of music for your kids.  You'll be a fan as soon as the whistle blows!
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Ok - that photo alone would have made me a fan if I wasn't already. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Yeah, she's kinda cute..
    And, I'm sorta partial...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...