Friday, September 28, 2012

Afternoon Tea

It's that time of year again.  Cool breezes are blowing and I'm craving afternoon tea.

How about you?

I have several favorites.  I have to tell you that I don't get very fancy with my tea choices.  I don't like too many flavors.  Yuck.  Just don't.  I've tried over the years, when working at coffeehouses, new tea shops open.  I've got to tell you my favorite is still just a basic black tea.  I love Twinning's brand.  Usually just their English Breakfast (preferably loose leaf), but I do love the Irish Breakfast and Prince of Whales too.  Every so often I'll do some Early Grey.  Lady Grey is nice too.  Little bit of citrus to your Grey.  Anyway, as you can see, I like these simple flavors.


When I visited England, I remember seeking out the big local tea.  Well, sadly, most everywhere, it was Tetley and PJ Tips.  I haven't tried the Tips though I've heard it's good.  I was disappointed as I thought of these as subpar over here.  Oh well.  Since then, I've stuck with my Twinning's.  I can also tell you that I used to drink it without cream until I went to England and realized that the reason I didn't like cream in my tea was because I would use honey in it.  With sugar, I like the cream.  You don't find much honey over there with your tea.  Mostly sugar cubes.  I prefer raw sugar but sometimes will use agave (amber) as pictured here.  Also, 1/2 and 1/2, yum!  I will tell you this is peppermint tea (I know, "but you only drink black tea") this is my one exception.  Yum.  Love it and no caffeine.  Don't be stupid like me and wonder.  I didn't "know" for at least a year.  Then it hit me, "um, stupid!  Peppermint has no caffeine. Right!!!"


Anyway, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...