Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Playroom Update: Art Display and Rug

So, if you have followed me at all you know that I'm still working on a playroom upstairs for Madi.  I recently had my father in law (Dan) help me hang a little art show for Madi.  I wanted to use her own art as display.  Nothing new here and I like the simple look of twine.  A couple nails and some tied on twine later, and voila!  I love the look and I used small craft clothes pins to hold the work.  It can change out whenever I want it and I love it.  Simple wall design and Madi is proud to get to show it all off.


The other key element was a rug.  This was not at all what I had in mind.  Thought it might be too bright, too much.  But, I think it's perfect.  I got it cheap at Target for $25 and we all know that these rugs wear well and last awhile.  So, that's a plus.  It's sturdy enough to last and clean easily and yet soft enough to play on your knees and not hurt.  (i hate those rugs that are like astroturf!  What is that?)



Madison loves it.  A no slip pad underneath and she can run around forever.  Safely.  Go Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...