Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Treasury Tuesday: 4th of July - A Simple Celebration

Well, Happy 4th of July! In honor of the holiday, I found you a gorgeous and patriotic treasury for today.  Welcome to "4th of July - a Simple Celebration".

I asked Jennifer and Jen of Branded if they would want to be featured and I'm so glad they agreed.  I loved the simple country cool of this one.  It is simple Americana and yet looks like what I dream the Hampton's are all about.  Sophisticated, beachy, summer cool.  And, patriotic to boot!  

Branded  is a fun shop on Etsy with personalized t-shirts.  Very creative and some fun tongue and cheekiness too.  Please go check them out and I'm sure you'll find a special gift for someone.

As always, please click the photo to go to the treasury.  Comment, favorite, tell J&J just how much you love them.  And, click away to find some of these great treasures to purchase for yourself.  Look below for my awesome interview with the curators themselves!


(RMM) What inspired the theme?

(J&J)  The theme was inspired by the fast approaching 4th of July holiday. I wanted to show a softer, simpler way to celebrate - stripping what has become a somewhat glossy retail holiday down to it's roots by showing a more homey, rustic side.

(RMM) What about the photos caught your eye?

(J&J)  The photos were chosen not just for the colors, but also because they all conveyed the feeling of small town neighborly 4th of july fun. Each of the photos reminded me of the basic, simple celebrations that I remember fondly from my own childhood.

(RMM) Why do you like making treasuries?

(J&J)  Creating treasuries allows me to tell stories by compiling the amazing work of handmade artisans to make virtual collages. I've found that a treasury can also create an entirely new piece of art when the pieces are shared as a collection. I find the work incredibly relaxing and to top it all off, I get to window shop while I work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...