Thursday, June 28, 2012

Keeping Cool and Reading


Well, I've been reading.  Shocking, I know.  The last book I read was..  I can't remember.  Before Madison was born, for sure!
I even joined a book club to "make" me read more.  All it made me do was spend money on books I was not reading.  So, I gave it all up.  But, I have had The Help for a bit now (I know, the movie even is so "last year") and I wanted to read it.  I took it on vacation and read about 150 pages which is pretty good.  For most books, I'd be done by now, but no.  I choose to read a big one!!!

So, this is what we're doing.  Madison is getting to splash around and keep cool during this heat wave.  And, I'm keeping cool in the shade with my ice water and The Help.

Leave me a comment about how you're keeping cool in this horrible heat.   Just don't tell me what happens in the book.  I'll find out soon.
I have more posts on the topic (keeping cool) to come.  It looks like it's gonna be a LONG one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...