Monday, February 6, 2012

Party 101: Hot Stuff Tea v2.0

I had my fun tea party this past weekend.  It was so much fun to see the gals and laugh, eat and craft together.

We are a small, fun crew.  But we had BIG snacks.  I made some brownies (with strawberry butter cream, yum!) and scones.  Now, I have to admit I didn't love the scones.  I am working hard at finding a recipe for basic scones with no fruit that are just flaky and sweet.  They always seem to turn out too airy and light or gummy.  These were gummy.  Oh well.  I offered lots of homemade jams (blueberry, peach, strawberry and apple butter) to hide the flavor.  Ha!



We had teas.  Lots of teas.  The gals bring other drinks and specialty teas.  I tell them to bring along a favorite tea pot or mug, etc.  I was thankful this year that Wendy Lee brought along some fun china for hers.  So sweet!  I had water for those needing it and a coffee press (we'd allow coffee too).


The first hour and a half was just eating, drinking and telling stories.  Molly was only there for this time but I'd say that's not a bad Saturday.  After that, we got serious about the crafting.  




I'm amazed at how much stuff I have any more.  But, we made Valentine's using stamps, glue, paper, envelopes, glitter (Becky used LOTS of glitter..) and fun little embellishments.  Poor Becky worked so hard on about 3 different Valentine's.  Covered in glue and glitter at the end she kept proclaiming "this was NOT worth it".  But, I give her an "A" for effort!  Ha.




Nicole happily and quietly worked on all of her stuff until she said, "My Valentine's are all done".  ha.  Of course, her contribution to the party were kumquats.  Ever had one?  I think she brought them so she could make us all look insane and freak out.  But, I think we all tried them.


It was a great day of crafts.  Madison woke from her nap near the end and we went upstairs to get her and actually played in her play room for a bit.  Then, we all decided to head to dinner.  A day of caffeine and sugar can make you quite hungry.  Ha.  Anyway, we had a great time.  Thanks to my gals for loving this as much as I do.  Here's to many more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...