Friday, September 30, 2011

My Bag

Well, if you follow my blog, make sure and check out the "in stitches" section in the sidebar.  You'll see a shot of something fun in the works.  This was my last one.

A nice looking bag if I do say so myself.

This was a pattern from Lion Brand.  The Green Living Tote.  I love it.  I found the pattern years ago and set out to make one.  Didn't happen.  I finally ordered the yarn in the green and made one for a friend.  It was a bit of a disaster.  Very much a learning thing but I took it out I don't know how many times and did it over and over.  But, it finally came out (with a lot of wounds I pointed out to her but gave it anyway..).

Well, this time was different.  It went pretty painlessly and I was just so excited.  I will use it for the market and other things.  When I wanna just toss stuff in a bag, I'm sure.  I extended the handle a bit to make it longer.  When you do the finishing on the handle, it seems to shrink it in a bit.  Oh well.

{CONFESSION CORNER:  K.  So, the handle is crooked for some reason.  I counted the right number of cast offs and 1/2 way through realized it didn't square up with the bottom.  Don't care.  Done.  But, still wanted you to know I'm not perfect.  As if it were up for discussion.}

1 comment:

  1. LOL, probably most of the things I knit have hidden "eccentricities" about them. There's no shame in that. We're human after all. Plus, the bag looks really nice! I've been meaning to make one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...