Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Music Monday: Songs I Heard, Harry Connick Jr.

If you know me, you know I love Harry.  Stephen calls him my "boyfriend".  I've told him I can't help that I like goofy looking guys that are very funny and talented (if you know my hubby, you get it..).  He doesn't think this is funny.

I've owned this cd for years since I own almost all of his recordings.  But, when pregnant I was looking into music I had and wondering what I might want my baby to listen to.  This was one of them.  Along with our pals at Coal Train Railroad and a Mambo Mio CD from my days at Starbucks, she has been overly excited.  We've had dance parties with the Beatles and her own selection, The Ting Tings.  But, though the Tings might be her vice in the car, the morning dance party lately, is only allowed to be Harry.  Otherwise, I hear "no no no no no no" (arms waving).

Let me tell you about this one.  It's his nod to favorite childhood movies.  A great collection of movie favorites that will bring great memories to mind.  His versions are as always, very creative, exciting, high energy and well planned out.  Songs from Annie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz and even the Sound of Music.  You won't get sick of it and neither will your babe.  Lots of dancing, quiet tunes and funny words that I won't attempt to spell (via Mary Poppins...  you know...  THAT one!)

Please check it out.  It will become a favorite for you and them!  Happy Listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...