Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summertime Food

Summertime and the grillin' is easy.  At least at our house.
Stephen has a tendency to grill year round but especially in the Summer.  He loves it and we all love the food it brings.

The other night we had some salmon. Yum.  I love to buy salmon and I actually bought this at Costco.  It tastes great and is reasonably priced AND it's not exactly a local fare even if I tried.

Just a simple grill and it's amazing.  This time around I thought I'd make a "dill" sauce since I've heard so much about them and my dill plant was looking good.  I've cut off many a stem with good intention and just didn't deliver so it was time.  I can't really give a recipe so much because I threw it all together.  But, I'd say maybe about a 1/2 cup of yogurt, juice of 1/2 a lemon (though I may do less another time), a pinch of salt and some fresh chopped dill to taste.  It was very yummy I have to say.  Normally we just squeeze fresh lemon on it but this was a nice change.

Another was a cold corn salad.  I saw a recipe the other day on my favorite cooking show, "Mad Hungry".  It looked easy enough so I tried it without really looking at the recipe.  I used frozen corn instead of fresh and just put it over a double boiler to thaw a little since you use fresh uncooked corn.  Chop up some tomato and basil, sprinkle with salt, add some lime juice and olive oil and voila!  A great and refreshing side.  This was great with our hot baked potato.

Of course we walked up the street later with our pal Nicole and got some Mike's ice cream.  But, all and all a great summer night.  Try it, you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...