Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Change: It is a comin'

Feel that?  It's the winds of change.
I'm not sure where they're coming from or what direction they're headed in but I can feel it.

I lost my job at church.  It's okay.  I lost it to a computer.  Ha.  Well, actually it took about 5 of them, but you get the point.  No worries, no hard feelings.  It just happens, ya know?  Change.  It's definitely for the better of the church and I'm sure for me as well.

I have stopped selling at Ugly Mugs.  They had to expand their counter as they grew and my stuff had to be shipped to the other side of the room and frankly, nobody ever saw it.  I used to sell pretty steadily there.  Not big money but a steady income that kept me producing. But, when you haven't sold anything in 6 months I think it's time to say, "goodbye".  So, I told them today that I would take my sad little box home with me.  Another door will have to open.

I personally don't like change.  I like things to go pretty smoothly and I don't look forward to bumps in the road.  I like knowing what's coming.  I think it's more a control issue than just, I'm boring and like things how I like them.  I definitely change things up whenever I want.  But, it's on my watch.  Make sense?

So, I don't know what is in my future.  I don't know what I'm going to do next.  But, I'm trying to enjoy the ride and breathe in and out.  I still have one job left and I've been doing some makeup gigs so I'm not completely without.  AND, let's not forget I'm raising a human being, so that takes a lot of time.

But, I still feel that I'm in an "in between".  For the first time in a LONG time, I kinda like it..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...