Thursday, February 24, 2011

From the East Side: Foxy Baking Co.

Hey there.  I haven't done one of these for awhile but I've meant to.  There are still a lot of places that I haven't told you about and companies popping up everywhere that I promise to get to.  But, for right now, let's talk about Foxy.

Foxy Baking Co. is relatively new to the scene (in her first year).  But, let me tell you, she is EVERYWHERE.  You can find the owner (Katy) smiling from ear to ear behind a table at a Farmer's Market near you.  She has a lot to offer, too from Quiche, to breads, to bars and pies.  Fan favorites like her Sweet Potato Pie and her Nutella Custard Pie are very reasonably priced.  You can get a whole one for only $15.  Of course, I'd call ahead and special order one before they're gone.

When I saw her last I bought a brownie.  Just a simple brownie.  Thought it was a great place to start.  Yum!  The brownie was huge, first of all and was only $2.  I think we're still eating on it.  It was well worth it.  Rich and fudgy with that great light and flaky top.  Shockingly, it seemed to be more moist by morning.  Not dried out.  I took that as a good sign.  Of course, nobody probably knows that because normal people would eat the whole thing.

Katy loves the local scene in Nashville and uses as many local ingredients as she can.  Which as you know, I LOVE!  Definitely support these local artisans.  They are so talented.  Right now, she has her Sweet Potato pie using local sweet potatoes.  Love and LOVE.  Her menu changes seasonally which always makes folks sad but when you're using fresh and local ingredients, that HAS to happen.  Just relish in the newness and the anticipation of your favorite when the season comes again.  I myself totally missed her Holiday offerings and can't wait to try them next season.

Anyway, check her out here.  And, the Nashville Farmer's Market on Saturdays from 10-2.  Check her website for her latest spotting.  By the way, rumor has it she'll be going mobile soon.  Yum..  I can smell the baked goods rolling past the 'hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...