Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

Well, this is a little late but our house has been stricken down. New Year's Eve I spent running to the bathroom and now I'm caring for my husband. It's been a rough week to say the least. Yet in the darkness a light shines..

Madison took her first steps that New Year's Eve. She decided that she got her 2 front teeth for Christmas so now it was time for a new year and a whole new kid. If she is gonna get anywhere she'll be taking herself.

So small a thought and yet a whole new world for her. WALKING? She is still practicing. She will fall. I tell her that every time she does. It's okay. It's gonna happen. But, you have to get back up and keep trying. You'll never get anywhere if you don't. Sometimes it even hurts. When she rises up under the table for instance. But, it's okay. It's all part of the journey.

So, I take my view on the New Year from my 1 year old. Face forward and move on. Keep moving and don't stop. Don't look back and just plant one foot in front of the other. When you need to, you can take a break. But, don't be discouraged. Stay focused and look ahead. Keep moving and eventually, you'll get it. You'll even look back some day and think "that was easy." Life is definitely about the journey. Not the highs and lows. As soon as we achieve there is yet another thing to achieve. So isn't it about the trip there? I wanna see it all. Not sprint past it as I make my goal. Ya know? Just take one step at a time.

I don't like resolutions. But, I do love being inspired. Of all the ways, she has inspired me in this 1 little year of life. This is yet another. I know that she'll be my inspiration for years to come. You go, Madi! Walk right into a great New year!

Happy New Year to you!

1 comment:

  1. This is so well written and expressed! Blessings on the Retro Mod Momma family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...