Monday, December 13, 2010

Retro Mod Shopping

Hey there. 'Tis the season for compiling lists and arranging schedules all so that you can purchase and deliver that perfect present. I'm with ya.

Folks start at all different times of the year. I am not one that can think about it all year. First of all, I'd buy someone what they've always wanted and at some point throughout the year, they'll get it themselves. It's easier for me to wait until after Thanksgiving. Most folks are in a buying "freeze" and I can evaluate needs then.

So, this year I set about doing our normal gift getting and realized how "retro mod" it was. For the little ones, I was setting out to purchase eco friendly, non toxic wooden toys. Very retro, right? I also wanted a hand made one of a kind item for a family member and wanted to give the gift of a night out to another.

The best part of all of this is I did it all on the internet. Simple and painless and a very modern way to be Santa. I haven't stepped foot in a mall. Which, I have to admit, I normally like to at least once during the season, just to feel the madness. But, I'm going to make it without this year.

Instead, I've purchased my retro type toys on Amazon from companies like, "Melissa and Doug". I've ordered a one of a kind, handmade item from the great Etsy site. And, I'm knitting fun socks and baking cookies and candies for all. This is definitely what works for me. Cyber shopping. I can browse quietly at home listening to whatever holiday music I like and sipping my favorite tea. But, everything is purchased and mailed right to my door.

And, let's admit it. With baby running around, I don't have that much time. So, it's the perfect solution for me. I hope that this encourages you in your shopping. Know that just because you are ordering online doesn't mean that you have to forfeit quality. I think you can get even better and more distinct items by looking online.

Hope you have a great time getting ready for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...