Saturday, September 11, 2010

September is National Sewing Month!

That's right, ladies.. It's sewing time!
I consider myself new to sewing. I did it in Jr. High Home Ec. and loved it but haven't done it much since. My mom used to sew all of her clothes but never really made ours or taught me much about it. But, I've recently been intrigued again and got a machine!

I have to say that I have pretty high expectations of myself and I had all these ideas of what I would make. My first project was a hamper cover. I have to say that I did a pretty good job. Then, I made a little zipper pouch for my knitting needles. I tell ya what. It looks pretty shabby but works. AND, I did a zipper?! I have/had no idea what I'm doing but I'm having fun anyway. My next project was cotton permanent cotton squares. Yeah, those worked okay but I ended up not using them and threw them away. Sorry environment, I'll be buying my cotton pads from now on...

Anyway, I was writing to encourage you. Encourage you as I need encouragement. You can sew! You can make your daughter a simple, cute little dress. You can make cute bags for her toys and yes, YOU! can make her a quilt! See, if I can knit her a bear, shoes and a blanket, make her food. Then, surely I can make these and the wooden blocks I want to try and every other crafty thing that enters my mind..

So, jump in and sew away! I have found some fun blogs that are inspiring me. How about you? Have any to share? Please do! And, take a second to look at the National Sewing Month website. Lots of cool stuff and giveaways! Sign up, turn on Project Runway, read some blogs and get going.

Here are some of the blogs:
Made by Rae, Sew Liberated, U Handbag, Good-ness, Homemade by Jill, The Long Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...