Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Weekend? Just Peach-y!

So it is the end of August but Peaches are everywhere here in Nashville. Last week, I loaded some up from the Farmer's Market. Let me tell you, by this weekend they were just so ripe and juicy! So, the peach making commenced.

First, I made 2 batches of peach jam. One with pectin and one without. I've always wanted to make jam that would thicken without pectin and I got my chance this week. Too many peaches and only one box of pectin, so, game on!
It worked! Now, it's not as thick as the others but not as runny as I've had before and had to re-do the whole batch. And, it's so yummy, I can't stand it!

Now, I had so many peaches even after that so I decided to make my first ever peach pie! And, with lattice which I've never done before either. Man, don't know what is wrong with me. The best part is that I didn't feel good all weekend and was running a low grade fever. But, apparently, the peaches got me! (or the fever, not sure..)

Madi just thought I was crazy. And, thought that she was getting some new toys. Yeah!

She'll be making it with me next year. Oh yeah!
I hope that you had a great weekend. As Summer is coming to an end and the night is coming sooner, I hope you get out and enjoy what's left. But, don't fret.. the best of all is coming. FALL!!!

Oh, I also made my first ever canned crushed tomatoes! Yum.
More photos here: My Photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...